March 28, 2011

A rainy day in Kindergarten

A rainy day seems to bring exciting breakthroughs in my classroom! Today during writing I asked my 5 and 6 year old K-5ers to pull from way back in memory to a time when they were still in "baby-dom" and write a sentence about anything from that time in their younger years. One of my students, who often times says things that resemble a 90 year old woman had a funny story to recall through her writing. She wrote," When I was little I never used the "bafoom" on myself." Another student wrote "When I was a baby do you know how soldiers climb fences? "Cause when I was a baby I climbed my crib like a soldier!" "BOOM!"
Through illustration another student drew herself as a baby, on her blanket in the floor, with the music channel playing from Directv. Her papa was taking care of her during this time!
I am always amazed at how entertaining and truthful these young souls can be!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment