January 24, 2012

Oh Say Can You Say Dinosaur?

OMG we are having a blast learning about dinosaurs this week!  So far we have read many stories about dinosaurs, but our favorite was Dinosaurs Love Underpants.  You know anything about underwear is way to funny for these kiddos.  Anywho, we are making the cutest dang dinosaurs you ever did see to go along with the story, and then we are writing our favorite part of the story.  Shhhhh our dinosaur eggs are about ready to hatch!  I can not wait for the children to crack their eggs open and then find their baby dinosaur.  :) Pictures will follow later this week!  In the meantime here is the recipe to make dinosaur eggs.  Have a great rest of the day!
  What You Need:  2 1/2 cups of Flour
                              2 1/2 cups of dirt (I use red dirt)
                              1 Cup of Sand
                              1 1/2 cups of salt
                              water
                              small plastic toy dinosaurs
                              Hammer ( I don't use a hammer we crack them open on sidewalk)

What You Do: 
1.  Mix all the dry ingredients together. (flour, dirt, salt, sand)
2.  Gradually stir in enough water so the mix holds together.
3.  Shape the dough around the plastic dinosaurs in the form of an egg.
4.  Give the eggs up to 4 days to dry.
5.  Let the kids find them and crack them open. :)
6.  I rotate mine around so they dry on all sides.

2 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

I LOVE the idea of making dinosaur eggs! Thank you!

I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me if you get the chance! I have TONS of *freebies*!

Heather
Heather's Heart

SCTiger said...

You have been tagged for Bloggy Tag! I enjoy your blog, and thought you might want to participate!
http://literacyminute.blogspot.com/2012/01/bloggy-tag.html

Post a Comment